POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another grass pic : Re: Another grass pic Server Time
5 Oct 2024 05:15:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another grass pic
From: Ken
Date: 17 Feb 1999 13:56:38
Message: <36CB1081.95E930BD@pacbell.net>
> Yeah... radiosity is what it needs.  Radiosity, focal blur, blurred
> reflection (from the SuperPatch), atmosphere made with media, and tons of
> area lights!!!!!  But you will need to port POV to the Cray Y-MP to render
> it in your lifetime.
>
> Eric

Concerning the Cray Y-MP * Is this the model number for the latest incarnation
of the Cray line ? I think I heard recently that the original company that
founded the Cray computer line disolved and was bought by a recognized computer
manufacturer. The
current methods of manufacturing this last model are so far
removed from the original design and purpose that the "Cray" name on the outside
of the box is more for name recognition than any real relationship to it's
former self.

Is this - True ?
 Or
Is this - False ?